Sunday, July 22, 2007

These Sunny Days...




Ah summer. Sluiters love summer. We've had some really good sunny days this summer, and I like to think we've taken full advantage of them. A couple highlights? Ok!


I was able to take my nephew, Jack (2 1/2 years) to beach. Oh boy it was fun. About halfway there I said to him, "Uh oh Jack, aunt Katie forgot the camera!" and of course he said quite matter-of-factly: "no pictures today, aunt Katie". He was quite right, so I don't have pictures to show (the one above is of him in the new hat we bought him in Montana. He likes Jonny Cash, so ya gotta give the kid what he likes!). Anyway, we had lots of fun. Jack loves the sand and water and had tons of fun playing in the waves with my cousin, Kelli and busting down sand castles with my cousin, Alex. My cousin, Jenise brought her one-year old, Brody, and together Jack and Brody sat in a large whole dug for them. Such a great day!


Yesterday our fabulous friends, Phil and Liz were in town getting some last minute wedding planning together, so of course we joined them at aunt Linda's beach for the afternoon. We caught up with our friends, had a great dinner with everyone, and left tired from the sun and full from the great food!
Luckily, I remembered my camera this past week when I went to the beach with my brother, Chris and Jack. It was a little chilly, but Jack never seems to mind that! :)

As the summer rushes on, we look forward to much more fun in the sun!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

"I can accept failure, but I can't accept not trying." ~Michael Jordan