Saturday, November 24, 2007

Giving Thanks

Look at that FEAST! We sure do have a lot to be thankful for this year! For one, we got to spend time with family on Thanksgiving. We had a Turkey dinner/lunch at my mother-in-law's house; Kim put out a DELICIOUS spread for all of us. Then for supper, we went to my Grandpa and Grandma Riemersma's where all the aunts and adult cousins brought the feast. Check out that scrumptious-looking orange jello. Dang!




My dad was ready to dig right in!



Mike, Chris, and Cort were more ready to eat than have their picture taken:






After dinner we played Bingo - of course - with Chris calling the numbers. He tried to train Mike as a Bingo caller this year, and I think he did pretty good. Chris let me call one number, but mass chaos broke out, and I was fired.







We also were able to spend quality time with all our very best friends. Per tradition, we all gathered for drinks and silliness at The Busschers the night before Thanksgiving. Tonya and Jeremy came from Chicago on their way to Jackson; Mat came from Chicago; Phil and Liz came from Rochester, NY; Erin and Brad came from Ashley, ND. We were able to drink, talk, and just have good times together.

Brad and Cort have clearly been apart too long.


Friday I went on my annual Day After Thanksgiving shopping trip with my mom. We are not those crazy people who get up at 4:00 am to shop - we arrived at the Holland mall a little after 10:00 am - but we still found a ton of good deals!


That evening we went out with the friends again. This time we all met at Vitales in Zeeland. We wanted to partake in the fun of being able to get served alcohol in Zeeland now - plus they have the best cheese breadsticks I have ever had! Mmmm!


We are thankful for a whole lot this year, but most of all we are thankful for our friends and family. Until spring, Busschers!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

"I can accept failure, but I can't accept not trying." ~Michael Jordan