Sunday, April 27, 2008

Happy Anniversary!

Today is my parents' 35th wedding anniversary! They were married April 27, 1973 in Bethal Christian Reformed Church in Zeeland. The bridesmaid dresses were scary: white and puple plaid with giant white hats. The groomsman were not exactly uniformed--even my dad had on brown shoes with his black suit. But none of that matters now. Thrity-five years later my mom and dad are still together. They have three pretty super kids (not that I am biased or anything) to be proud of, one son-in-law, one grandson, and one grandcat. They have had fun travels, hilarious memories, and even a few sad times. But through it all, they are still a really great role model to me of what a marriage should look like. My mom puts up with my dad's putzing and dirty shoes in the house. My dad puts up with having to MAKE my mom have fun at times. Both of them love each other very much and always find time for family and fun. They always let us know no matter what we do, they will love us. They might give us a lecture we don't want to hear anymore at our ages, but they will always be there for us. They also help us celebrate even the tiniest victories in our lives, and tell us to snap out of it when we get too whiney. That's what parents do, right?

Happy Anniversary, mom and dad!!! I hope Cort and I can be half as happy throughout our marriage!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

"I can accept failure, but I can't accept not trying." ~Michael Jordan