Saturday, August 9, 2008

Back To School...Phase 1

As many of our faithful readers know, this back to school season is a little different for the Sluiters. In years past, Cort gave me a budget to go get stuff for my classroom and to buy a few things (folder, notebook, etc) for whatever classes I would be taking for grad school. THIS year, though, I am not the one who needs those extra supplies! So, when we got our 15% off bag from Office Max in the mail, Cort and I headed off--TOGETHER--to shop!

Because he is new to GRCC classes, and he hasn't had his orientation yet (that happens on Thursday), he wasn't sure what supplies he would need. He did find a few fun things for his cubicle at work though while I found some much-needed supplies for my classroom.
So many things to choose from!
Who knew choosing pens could be so mind-boggling!?!
In the end, our 15% bag was filled to the brim...and only 3 small items belonged to Cortney....yup, that is me loaded down with half the store. And guess what...in a couple weeks, Office Max is having teacher appreciation week....MORE SHOPPING!!!!
Before today, I moaned and groaned a LOT whenever someone would mention how much time I have before I have to be sitting in our unairconditioned school again (2 weeks, for anyone keeping track...students are back in 3 weeks), but after today, I at least have some projects to work on to get my room ready for all the eager students who will be piling through the doors in only 3 short weeks! Stay tuned for more of our back to school preparations...leading up to the big FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

"I can accept failure, but I can't accept not trying." ~Michael Jordan