Saturday, October 11, 2008

Even kids know violence isn't always the answer...

So today my mom called to find out if Cortney and I would like to go out for lunch with her, Chris, and Jack. We haven't seen Jack in weeks, so we agreed. In the car, Jack had these robot toys he had found in the basement at my parents' house. He politely handed me one and informed me that we would be playing "rome-bod". I accepted this invitation.

He started the game by making his "rome-bod" say in a deep voice, "LET'S FIGHT!"

Me, being more of a pacifist than a fighter made my "rome-bod" respond with a high-pitched, "no, let's talk about our problems instead."

My mom chuckled at this and we both expected Jack to try to demolish me anyway. We were surprised and highly amused when he, without missing a beat, changed his voice to high-pitched and said, "Ok, let's talk about your problems."

So, seeing the game was going to continue, I quickly answered, "I've been having headaches lately and they make me grumpy."

His rome-bod helpfully told mine, "maybe you should see a doctor."

I asked him for a referral. He looked at my mom and she asked him if he knew any names of any doctors and he immediately told me, "yes, Dr. Rome-bod will help you."

At this point it was time to leave the rome-bods in the car and eat a happy meal, but I was amused that my 3-year old nephew was so smart and caring...even with his creepy looking "rome-bod."

0 comments:

Post a Comment

"I can accept failure, but I can't accept not trying." ~Michael Jordan