Thursday, January 29, 2009

You've Waited...

After patiently waiting, the results are in. We are having a BOY!!!! Below is the shot we got proving this. That is a "lap" shot. You can see his little legs and then his, uh...boy part...in the middle! Our wonderful lab tech, Jamie, brought this image up and said, well, can you tell? And Cort said, "That is a BOY!" And he was VERY right!

Here's the profile shot...he's lying on his side, hopefully waving--not giving us the bird! :)

The appointment was so great! Cortney and I met at Zeeland Hospital at 3:45--I was the pregnant woman doing the potty dance in the lobby. We got all checked in and luckily, Jamie came out to get us quickly. She got right to business. She showed me my full bladder and said, "oh my, let's get these pictures fast!" She took the ones she needed and then let me go potty.

That is when the FUN part started! She took about 30 minutes of "picture taking" where she took the measurements and photos that the radiologist and OB need to check on. Then, after what seemed like FOREVER, she asked us, "so you want to know, huh?" And that was when Cort realized he was having a son!

It was such a great experience! I could have honestly sat and watching our little guy all day! He was moving and shaking in there! He was actually sitting in the breech position, so I could feel his little feet kicking as I watched him roll around. It was so cool!

Over all we loved meeting our son. And since I promised, his name is: Edward Steven Sluiter! Edward was Cortney's Great Grandpa Koops' name and Steven was Cort's dad's name. Of course both of my brothers think it's great that their nephew also shares a first name with Eddie Vedder, lead singer of Pearl Jam, but we assure you that is NOT who we named him after!

Anyway...family, friends, and fans....meet Edward Steven!

3 comments:

missy widener said...

whaaaaa???!!!!! A boy, really?! I really am surprised! he must be all tucked up in there by his momma, he looks so high! SOOOO exciting, you have no idea! so you need to register...soon. I am a very antsy girl...and let me know when you do!! love the name and love that it is steeped in meaning (and when I read Edward I thought of Edward Norton, the fabulous actor, you know me...) love you all!!! so happy for you! can't wait to photography the little man! yeah!

Anonymous said...

Congrats!!!!! I can't believe I guessed right. You guys will be awesome parents and I can't wait for a baby shower!

Race to 26.2 said...

Congrats! I also guessed right :). althought statistically speaking, odds were you would have a boy. Most of the first born in each sluiter family is a boy :)

Post a Comment

"I can accept failure, but I can't accept not trying." ~Michael Jordan