Sunday, April 26, 2009

April Showers Bring....June Babies!

Friday was the first in a long line of baby showers for me, Cort, and Eddie. My lovely friend and co-worker, Deb hosted a staff shower at her home after school. The weather was SO great that she decided at the last minute to have it be an outdoor grill and picnic party. It was PERFECT!

Deb grilled up some burgers on the grill for all of us. She really is quite multi-talented!


After the yummy food, it was time to open gifts. I work with such a great staff! So many came out and those who couldn't were still so kind to give gifts! I felt so dang lucky and blessed! Eddie is going to enjoy all the great things the ladies of Wyoming Park showered him with!
Plus it was fun to sit back and enjoy time outside of school with my co-workers! Sometimes we get so busy with what goes on in our own classrooms, we almost forget what the other teachers in school look like!
Amy's husband (Amy is our French teacher) made me a BEAUTIFUL cake! That guy is totally talented when it comes to baked goods! This was s chocolate cake with chocolate mousse filling. yeah, it really was that good!

Today, my super wonderful sisters threw a shower for the Sluiter side of the family! Liz took a million pictures on her camera...but I don't have those yet, so you'll have to wait for those highlights. I did grab a picture of the YUMMY cake with my camera though.
My sisters know me so well...this was a Meijer cake (seriously...they make YUMMY cakes) that was marble with buttercream frosting. I have seriously been craving this for my WHOLE pregnancy, but not letting myself eat it. You better BELIEVE I ate it today...in fact, I'm eating another piece as I type this!

Cortney and I are lucky to have such great friends and wonderful family members who love us and our little Eddie so much! We can't wait for everyone to meet him! Only about 8 weeks left until I am officially over-due!

1 comments:

missy widener said...

looks like you had a great baby filled weekend with lots of cake! hope you are feeling better, you need to be well and rested for saturday!!

Post a Comment

"I can accept failure, but I can't accept not trying." ~Michael Jordan