Sunday, April 5, 2009

Everything Gets Bigger...

It isn't all the time, but when I am warm or I've been moving around a lot, my fingers and toes get pretty pudgy. This is one of the more frustrating things I've encountered as of late with being pregnant. Most things that bug me--like getting a sore back--I've figured out how to avoid or easily remedy. There is not much I can do about my newly chunky fingers, ankles, and toes except continue to drink lots of water.

When I noticed my knuckles getting big, people started to warn me about taking my wedding ring off. And because I didn't want it to be CUT off from me, I obliged. I was very, very sad about this, so on my birthday last week, Cortney took me to Macy's and we shopped for something that could fit my finger for the next 2 1/2 to 3 months.

We tried all sorts of places looking for something cheap...er..inexpensive...that would look nice too. After walking all over the mall, we finally ended up at Macy's.

Everything we looked at was pretty pricey, so finally I asked a very kind-looking saleslady behind the counter. I explained our situation, and she pulled out a very pretty band of diamonds and explained they had some deals going on that would bring the price way down.

I tried it on. It WAS very pretty. Then I looked at the price. Um...no. $300 was too much. Even with the discounts that would bring it down to about $100, it was still a lot for something I would only wear for a very short time.

The wonderful saleslady led us to a rack (yes, a rack, NOT the counter), where everything was attached to a little cardboard piece...yeah, sort of like at Claire's. There we found the one I have on above for $19.03 with tax. Cort slapped down a $20 and said, "nothing's too good for my pregnant wife!"

Our new friend the saleslady even took it off the cardboard for me so I could wear it out. We chuckled that I probably should take it off at night and in the shower so my finger doesn't turn green.

I'm just happy to have a ring on my finger again! I DO look forward to being able to put my REAL wedding band back on once Eddie is here, though!

1 comments:

Mandy said...

LOL, that cracks me up! Being that my husband is in the jewelry biz, that was soooo not an option for me! Instead, my ring has been sized more times than I can count! We sized it up for every pregnancy then sized it back down, then down again once I lost the baby weight each time. That poor ring has been through a lot! Oh, and it'll probably take several days after baby Eddie is born before you can fit it on, you will swell up right after you have him, yes more than you are now!

Post a Comment

"I can accept failure, but I can't accept not trying." ~Michael Jordan