Thursday, December 24, 2009

Christmas is for Goodies!

My whole life one of the greatest indicators that it was the holiday season was overabundance of treats that my mom would make. It was so dang great!

In the tradition of my mom's baking/cooking, I also indulged in the plethora of treats that we will never be able to fully consume. It started with caramel corn for a staff Christmas potluck...

then there was the Christmas cookie incident at my mom and dad's house...
I tried to make my dad's fudge recipe and for the fifth year in a row it didn't exactly work....
so I made Cortney some banket. That turned out and is almost gone....
no-bake cookies...or as some like to call them "poop cookies"....
MacKenzie's favorite: Puppy Chow....
and of COURSE I had to make a batch of peanut butter balls!
I also made cream puffs, but forgot to take a picture of them. There were also the many appetizers and side dishes I made (or will be making) for various parties and get-togethers.

It wouldn't be Christmas without all the calories. In fact, Saturday, if you are looking for me, I will be that huffing and puffing sound coming from the basement on the treadmill!

Merry Christmas Eve to all from Sluiter Nation!

1 comments:

missy widener said...

I just gained ten pounds, thank you. ps- could you make the puppy chow for our gathering or did you have something else in mind?? love that stuff, or I can make it. merry christmas pretty!

Post a Comment

"I can accept failure, but I can't accept not trying." ~Michael Jordan