Thursday, April 29, 2010

If Ya Ain't Dutch, Well, You Know

I grabbed my big new camera today and my boys and headed on over to the local wooden shoe/delft factory.  You know, because EVERYONE has a local wooden shoe/delft factory, right?  Right?  Oh.


Anyway, we totally looked like tourists--even though I've lived about five miles from it my whole life--because I had my big camera and we were picking out tiny wooden shoes.



After choosing a size 13 for Eddie (a bit big, but maybe, just maybe we will be able to shove his foot in there again next year), we headed over to have his name put on them.


This little lady was happy to put Eddie's name on each of his shoes.  She clearly also does some of the fantastic delft work.



Yeah, she free hands it.  She made it look so easy.  I guarantee even after taking that wood burning class in seventh grade and making that "sweet" duck that still sits on my parents' mantel I would SO not be able to do this.



The finished product!  Twenty bucks for the shoes and a grand total of free for the name burning.  Nice.


Eddie was pretty excited about his new shoes!  He is going to look so great on Wednesday at the parade!  Stay tuned for more Tulip Time 2010 fun!

4 comments:

designHER Momma said...

I'm coming! Next week! Weeeeeeeeee!

moosh in indy. said...

I'm coming with her! Next week! Weeeeeeeeeeeee!

Yaya' s Home said...

Oh, this is wonderful! I would so love to see more pics and hear more about how things are done.

~ Yaya
Yaya's Home

missy widener said...

I never knew how they did that! I have my own pair and thought it was a MIRacle to have my very own name on them!!! and that pic of eddie and cort with the shoes?? forget about it. SOOOOO ridiculously cute.

Post a Comment

"I can accept failure, but I can't accept not trying." ~Michael Jordan