That's right, Sluiter Nation has been given it's FIRST bloggy award! I am so proud I could burst! I've seen other blogs get awards from people, and I know that they "don't mean anything", but this one SOO does to me. Let me explain. First of all...this is my award:
Pumpkin and Piglet (go check out her blog...she is British and I always try to read her blog with a British accent...she would probably think I am crazy). Her little "piglet" is one of the cutest little things I have ever seen in my life! Anyway, I digress...
I woke up this morning with a comment from her that she had this for me. She has no idea the great timing of this. Yesterday I was in a funk. I am still adjusting to being home with Eddie and Cortney all day, and it is making me realize all the stuff I miss when I am at work. Funk. Then I am looking at pictures of my beautiful friends. They are gorgeous. I suddenly felt very, very plain. Very UNbeautiful. Funk. This 5K training thing is hard and I feel ugly doing it. Funk.
Then this. Oh Pumpkin, my dear, you have NO idea how much I needed this this morning! So....without further ado, I will get to the "rules" involved with accepting this award. I have to list seven things you might now know about me (which I feel is hard since I share EVERYTHING, but here goes):
1. I was a good kid in high school. Seriously. I said no to drinking and smoking and all the OTHER temptations that high schoolers are faced with (yes, mom, it's true!). A friend's parents always said there is a time and a place for everything: college.
2. I love going to rock concerts. LOVE. I've seen over a hundred shows (my first one was when I was 15 when my then boyfriend and I went to see Aerosmith and Collective Soul at The Palace near Detroit). I've seen some pretty heavy metal stuff, but my favorites are REM and Pearl Jam (both of which I have seen multiple times).
3. I teach Spanish but I can't roll my R's and I've never traveled to a Spanish-speaking country (I hope to change this)!
4. I am a member Century Club. This tends to impress Cort's friends. If you don't know what it is, you can ask me. Mom, don't ask me.
5. I have scars on my toes from when they got caught in the windshield wipers on the car. I was little and trying to slide off the roof after washing the car for my mom. SNAP!
6. I grew up near Lake Michigan, my family always vacationed on small inland lakes, we had a boat, my cousin had a pool, and I still don't really know how to swim well...and I am terrified of drowning.
7. I rolled my first car when I was 16. Rolled it right into a ditch. Stupid icey roads.
Ok, there it is. Now I get to pass it on to 15 other bloggers who I think are beautiful. Hmmm...here goes:
1. Grace at Arms Wide Open
2. Miranda at Not Super...Just Mom
3. Emily at DesignHERmomma
4. Lauren at My Postpartum Voice
5. Chris at More on the Other Side
6. Dawana at A Bittersweet Existence
7. Blair at Heir to Blair
8. Lu at Jaded Perspective
9. Missy at mL Photography
10. Casey at moosh in indy
11. Jessica at The Unemployed Mom
12. Kimberly at All Work & No Play Make Mommy Go Something Something
13. Tiffany at Mom Nom
14. Alissa at Mommy and Molly
15. Lindsey at Waking Up Williams
Whew! That was difficult because I STILL left off people I love. But I can say that each one of these beautiful bloggers makes me smile, laugh, cry, feel inspired, and actually feel beautiful on a daily basis. Their words and pictures make my day and are why I have gotten so into the blogging world lately. Please check out their blogs and leave them some comment love!
And one more big thanks to Pumpkin and Piglet for making my day!