So here is what I am thankful for today, Thursday, June 17...
1. My marriage. Tomorrow Cort and I celebrate five years of marriage. I could not have been blessed with a more perfect life partner. He is the sane to my crazy, the rational to my irrational, and the cracker for my cheese. He is the best.
2. My wee one. Eddie makes me laugh on a daily basis. Last night I was rocking him before bed and I buried my face in his little wispy hair and told God that this was enough. I didn't care about my job. I cared about my family. Whatever was in the plan was fine, just let me always have THIS.
3. My job. Ok, so turns out I DO care about my job. I LOVE my job (but my family really comes first)! And today I got the best phone call I could have possibly gotten...I am OFF the pink slip list! OFF! That means my position is SAFE for next year. I will be teaching Spanish full-time, but I am TOTALLY ok with that...I have some big, awesome plans for it. I am so very thankful for that call today!
4. All of you. ALL OF YOU. Each one of you whether you comment here, you email me, you hit me up on facebook, or you just silently say a little prayer and never tell me you do...we love you and are so thankful to you. This blog is my therapy...my way of writing out what is going on with us whether it's happy or sad. but you, who come back over and over, are the reason I KEEP doing it. Thank you so much for all your words of encouragement and for just BEING THERE for us. You rock.
5. And finally, I am thankful for all my new e-friends out there--all you mommas who are doing what you do and rocking it out even though stuff hits the fan occasionally (or more than occasionally). Today I was given an award by Kimberly of All Work and No Play Makes Mommy Go Something Something. She is one of the toughest bee-otches out there and I have nothing but love and respect for her. I was pretty honored that she thought of me...so here it is....
Kimberly had stated that "Life will be good again, I just have to make it over this hump." She totally will make it because she is just that awesome. And I will make it too. The phone call this morning about the job was a HUGE leap to getting over that hump for me.
So...the rules...accept the award (done!), answer the following questions, and pass it on to however many blogs you want.
My answers to the burning questions:
When you were a kid, what did you want to be when you grew up?
I wanted to be many things. I distinctly remember in the third grade wanting to be a telephone operator because I thought I would get to push buttons all day (um, what? clearly computers were not big yet because now we ALL push buttons all day).
But I always had teaching inclinations. At a young, young age I taught both brothers to read (by the time they were each four). I used the "Learn it, Or Die" method.
I would set up our "classroom" in the basement. We had an easel (is that how you spell that?) with a chalkboard on one side that I would write letters and short words on. I taught my brother, Chris, to, too, and two when he was four. This probably should have clued us all that English teacher was in my future.
What is your most prized material possession?
My new camera. My parents and my husband chipped in and bought me a Canon Rebel XS for my birthday this year and I love it to the moon and back again. Whenever I have to use my old point and shoot (like at the beach) I am reminded how much I love the new one.
Do you have an iGadgetOfSomeDescription?
I have an ipod nano and and ipod shuffle. we also use itunes.
What is your poison--hot shower or warm bath?
I LOVE a good hot shower--especially right after Eddie was born. It was literally my favorite part of the day.
What is the best decision you ever made?
This one is so hard for me. I have made some really great choices in life, but probably the best was to go with my heart when my husband told me he "liked" me seven years ago. Giving in led to this life we have now--even with all the crap that gets thrown at us--I wouldn't want to be in it with anyone else.
Ok, now I get to pass this award along to some super awesome bloggers...so here it goes...
Lynette at Life...and my journey through it- she is the most feisty cancer fighter I know. She will throw breast cancer out the window and kick it while it's down!
Alissa at Mommy and Molly - she is going through so much and she is too awesome for any of it. So she will come out on top of all that crap!
Tiffany at MomNom - She is a momma warrior who has a beautiful heart and voice.
Maureen at Tatter Scoops - by far one of the sweetest momma warriors out there!
That is all I can think of for now...really every single ONE of you bloggy mom's deserves this because you are awesome and my MY life oh, so good!