It's THANKFUL THURSDAY, and boy do I have lots to be thankful for! Today is the online version of Thankful Thursday...
- To ALL of my twitter peeps...a BIG thank you for all the Bloggy Birthday tweets yesterday! Having SO much fun here in bloggy world!
- To all the rest of my fans of the non-twitter persuasion: THANK YOU for the bloggy birthday wishes as well! Don't forget about my Blog Birthday Giveaway! Enter now, yo!
- To all the FUN bloggers who have asked me to guest post for them lately! I'm so honored that so many of you think my writing is great enough to post on your own blog! TOMORROW I will be over at Tammy's Blog, Nurse's Notes. I "met" Tammy on twitter, and she is super cool. You should go read my post about how my summer routines have completely changed since having a baby, but you should stay for Tammy's great writing too! I will be all over the blogesphere in the next month writing about everything from PPD to how much I love my birthday! So stay tuned!
- And lastly, to all the thoughtful bloggers who thought of me for awards. Here is what I have been given lately:
My First Blog.He is not even one (although he will be soon!) and he's already blogging and giving out awards! How is that for advanced? He is awesome.
The other person who game me this? Um...I can't remember. Yes, I suck. I totally didn't write it down because I thought I would do the post right after I got the award and then I didn't. So if you gave me this? YOU are a sugar doll and I love you.
Not Super...Just Mom. I cannot even begin to tell you about my love for Miranda. We "met" over twitter when she needed guest posters for her PPD Awareness Week. I had JUST shared my story, but volunteered. We have been as close as two people who have never met can be. We share so many similarities that we've started calling each other etwin. I am honored that she believes my blog has substance. If you follow us on twitter (@ksluiter and @notsuperjustmom), you may be treated to some fun banter. Or at least you will know what wine we are each drinking every night.
The Lungos. She is super cool, has the cutest little pair of kids, and I just love her. And she loves me...which puts her up a few more notches in my book because, well you know, it's about ME here. Ha!
AND some other WONDERFUL person gave me this lovely award too. And of course, I have forgotten who that lovely someone is. BUT I will say this, I am sure I love you and your blog AND I am totally honored that people find my blog to be Versatile! I try to be able to talk about lots of different things, and apparently that is working! Yay!
With accepting these awards always comes a bunch of rules like telling you stuff about myself and then rehanding them out. I am not sure how many of each I am supposed to do, so I will just do three of each: three things about me and one blog per award.
1. I hate calling people on the phone. Hate it. Even though I covet a better phone than what I have, I do NOT want to use it for calling. Email, text, fb inbox, tweet, blog comment, hang out in person, whatever...I just don't "do" the phone.
2. Because of my hate of calling, I have a irrational aversion to calling for food. I am in love with online ordering and need everywhere to have it.
3. Speaking of online ordering, I pretty much eat Zoup!, Qdoba, Pizza Hut, or Papa Johns because they all grace me with online ordering. Otherwise an argument ensues around here about who will call.
Ok...I will give each award to someone now....
The Sugar Doll Award I give to Dawana at A Bittersweet Existence, because girlfriend is a Sugar Doll and HAS the cutest little curly-haired Sugar Doll! And she is really damn funny!
The Blog With Substance Award I give to Lauren at My Postpartum Voice. Lauren is a HUGE advocate for those of us with PPD, PPA, and all the rest of the postpartum icky. She has quickly also become a friend because she is funny and quick-witted.
The Versatile Award I give to Alicia at A Beautiful Mess because she tackles every subject imaginable and she does it not just with her wonderful writing, but in beautiful images she captures. She has one of the most lovely souls of any blogger I know.
I really hope you'll take the time to check out all the blogs I linked to! They are all wonderful ladies who I am really committed to as a blog reader. I might not always get the chance to comment, but I am always there lurking!