Thursday, May 29, 2008

Last Day of School!

Today was my last day of school with students. Some years this is a bittersweet day. On the one hand I am relieved to see the last item of the school year get graded, but on the other hand, I really enjoy my students and I am always nervous I won't have as fun of a group the next year. This year was no different for that! I had super fun classes! Even though many times during the school year I wanted to just quit because of all the frustrations with the changes and such that was going on, then with all the job cuts, the bad publicity Park has gotten, and a whole slew of other stressful things, my students cheered me up everyday with their witty comments and great attitudes. Check them out below...I had all juniors this year and yes, some of the students are wearing T-shirts that say SLUITER NATION on them. what of it? :)




This year we are out a week early which meant we had graduation and exams all in one week...whew! Because I am one of the senior class advisers, I was responsible for part of the ceremony. I worked with our three top honor students on their speeches, and I helped with handing out the diplomas. It all went really well...it was just a long day! I was at school on Tuesday from 7:15 am until 8:30 pm! I didn't really care though because next week I don't have to go to school at all...or for the next three months! Yay!


Speaking of my job, as far as I know it's secure for next year. All the teachers who are in danger of being displaced or bumped out of a job completely were notified via letter at the end of last week and have to attend some meetings in the next couple weeks. I was not one of these people...WHEW! I did find out I may be teaching one hour of Spanish I next year though. I haven't taught that in five years, so it will be a challenge, but I am totally up for it! :)


Anyway, as a reward for making it through this long and stressful school year, I treated myself to a pedicure tonight. Check out my cute toes! The first pedicure of the summer is always the best after those tootsies have been locked up in socks and shoes all winter! So now that my toes are set, the grades are in, and my desk chair has been transported home...LET THE SUMMER BEGIN!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

"I can accept failure, but I can't accept not trying." ~Michael Jordan