Monday, May 26, 2008

Memorial Day Weekend 2008

Our holiday weekend started out with a long list of "To Do's". The first item on my To Do List was to buy all of my annual flowers to plant. My mom and I went to the greenhouse on Friday, and Saturday afternoon I finished planting all of them. I didn't take pictures of ALL of them, so you will just have to come see them in person!


Today we went to Zeeland's annual Memorial Day parade. Barbie, Brody, me, Cort, and my parents all sat together and enjoyed it. Apparently the weather was just too darn nice for the Klynstras to pull themselves from camping to join us :) My grandpa Riemersma is a WWII vet, so he drove his sweet Galaxy 500 in the parade. Nice!
Cort and I posed in front of one of the fire trucks at the end of the parade. Yeah, we look a little rough...it was early in the morning!
Later that afternoon after doing a bunch of chores around the house (ok, CORT did chores, I went shopping), we headed to the marina for a cookout with the gang there. Burgers, dogs, and whatever everyone showed up with was on the menu. Delicious!
Of course Liz and Cody brought Bailey along...Cody's lap was a good spot for her!
Dave brought his new puppy, Eleanor, along. Awww....cute!

Cort hung out with his best friend, Jake. They were even dressed alike! And they tried to run away from home when they found out it was time to leave, but they ended up coming back...probably because bed at home is always more comfy than bed on the road.Before it was time to pack up, Trisha and I posed for one last quick pic with baby Joe. Lots of fun this weekend with good food and good friends!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

"I can accept failure, but I can't accept not trying." ~Michael Jordan