Monday, September 22, 2008

Fall Has, Well, Fallen

Even though the weather is not so fall-like, there are other ways to tell it's fall just by checking out what is going on in Sluiter Nation:

1. School has started! Our school schedules are in full swing now! I am starting to get used to having to hear a 5:00 a.m. alarm again, and Cort is getting used to an earlier start as well. I am also finally starting to learn all 120 names of my students! Cort is getting used to the regime of homework for his Tuesday and Wednesday night classes.

2. Bowling has started! Even though Cort has class on Tuesday nights, he still manages to fit in league bowling as well. Last year he talked my brother, Chris into joining his team. This year they somehow talked my other brother, Mike into bowling AND Cortney's brother, Cody. I guess brothers who bowl together, well...anyway, they bowl together.

3. I found something else to take up my time since I don't have a Master's class. Since I don't have to spend my time sitting in class in Kalamazoo or doing homework, I decided it was time to get into better shape. This has been a pretty long process--as many of you know, I HATE to do anything remotely athletic. My friend, Catye, from work started bringing me with her to they gym once a week this summer to try some of the classes my co-worker, Jenn, teaches. To my surprise, I actually liked it! So, here I am, a member of a gym! Luckily, Trisha is also a member and we work out together three times a week.

4. Football...and more importantly, FANTASY football...has started. This year Cortney is in three leagues and I'm in two. When we aren't busy with work, the gym, bowling, or homework, we are checking to make sure all of our starters are healthy enough to start in the upcoming games.

Fall is definitely underway here in Sluiter Nation...so you'll be a bit forgiving when the blogs don't roll in like they do in the summer!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

"I can accept failure, but I can't accept not trying." ~Michael Jordan