Sunday, September 27, 2009

And We're Back...

This week Thursday, I went back to work. That's right, in one day I went from stay at home mom, to working mom. I can't even sugarcoat it; it was difficult. 5:00 am Thursday came awfully quick. It was hard to say goodbye to Eddie at 6:15 and head out to Wyoming for a day of molding teenage minds.

As much as I love my job and was sort of looking forward to being back at it, I was not prepared for the HUGE exhaustion that smacked me in the face like mac truck. By the last hour of the day I thought my legs were going to fall off, my voice was going to fail me, and my eyes were going to slam shut while I was standing. It was a great first day, don't get me wrong, but I was definitely pooped.

I picked Eddie up from Amy Jo, his daycare provider, at 4:00. He was in the swing looking just as pooped as him mama! He had a great first day, though! I was a happy boy and behaved for Amy Jo all day. When we got home, we both crashed in the chair together.

The next day he did great again, but it was homecoming so I didn't get to pick him up. Cort picked him up, fed him dinner, and met me at the game where I had already gotten the senior homecoming court off to the parade and was getting ready to run the halftime festivities. I think Eddie enjoyed his first high school game!


It was a LONG two-day week and both Eddie and I payed for it by being EXHAUSTED on Saturday. Today, though we are both recovered (Eddie's sniffles are even going away), and we are gearing up for a big five-day week. Can we handle it? Yes, we can!

1 comments:

missy widener said...

love his little man outfit at homecoming....and how great do you look!

Post a Comment

"I can accept failure, but I can't accept not trying." ~Michael Jordan