Wednesday, September 23, 2009
2. He is a go getter! As I said in my last post, Eddie is getting a wee bit mobile. He enjoys his activity mat, but can now plant his feet when he's on his back and lift his butt off the ground and swivel it around. It's pretty funny. This causes him to scoot around on his back. He has also gotten himself onto his side a few times doing this. I think this is the warm-up to rolling over!
3. He's a big eater! He's downing 35 ounces a day these days!
4. He is still a great night sleeper--getting about 8-10 hours at night. He takes a couple naps a day as well getting about 5 hours in during the day.
5. He has started drooling...a LOT! He even blows bubbles and makes a razz sound with his lips and tongue occasionally.
6. He loves to talk. He has added a few consonant sounds (like Ah-goo and mmaaaa) to his repertoire instead of just vowel sounds.
7. He can hold his head almost completely still without wobbling. He still lets it fall back if he sits too long or if one of us is pulling him up from his back, but it doesn't wobble all over the place anymore.
8. He is doing better with tummy time and actually lifts his head to look at us and coo at us. I even got a big smile yesterday before he put his head down and sucked on his arm.
So many new things are happening all the time...it's almost hard to keep track of it all! Tomorrow another big step...full time daycare! That's right, I go back to work which means Eddie will be going to Amy Jo's every day, all day. He loves her and the kids, so I know he will do great. We will have to see how his mama does!
We are so proud of our little 3-month old! We can't believe that it's been 3 months since we were in the hospital welcoming him to our family...does this mean the rest of his life is going to flash past us this quickly? I guess we will have to find out. What I do know is that Cortney and I LOVE being parents to this little guy! He brings us joy every single day!