Sunday, May 16, 2010

Eating is Getting Messy

I get that the little guy needs to explore new foods.  He loves sweet things--mostly fruit, although a certain aunt gave him oreo bites today--but he will eat pretty much anything.

The problem comes in when it's time to eat the baby food.  He wants to scarf down, but he also wants to feel it.  So in go the fingers and soon we have squash in his hair, ears, pants, and if you look closely enough at this picture, the back of the high chair AND on the blinds.  sigh.

It seems the messier the food, the more Eddie loves it.  Even bananas keep getting found in his pockets!  Today he got so messy with these banana chunks he had to go pant-less after lunch.

And what is momma doing through it all?  Snapping pictures.  Sometimes, you just have to let things get dirty and enjoy the process.

6 comments:

alicia said...

Love these. Takes me back too...

Holly Renee said...

Ha! I sort of wish I could eat like this, with no abandon. He is too cute!!

kimberly said...

Oh it only gets better! My son is 21 months and I think he gets more food on himself than in his mouth. Dinner time is git nekkid time...oh and my dog likes dinner time too!!

Ann said...

Even though he's messy, he is so cute!

p.s. Since you're an English teacher, I was wondering if you gave your students quote tests (tests where students are given quotes from a book and have to analyze the quote and say who said it). Also, do your students have to write in-class essays? I was just wondering out of pure curiosity. I want to know if what I do in English class is normal :)

Steph said...

I love all of the pics. And we used to have that bib, too!

New follower here from D-List!!

http://goobergrapemonkeyman.blogspot.com

Miranda said...

I take pics of my little guy while he's eating, too. Of course, my little guy eats almost NOTHING that doesn't come from a jar and isn't put into his mouth by me, so there aren't nearly as many cute pictures of him eating.

Post a Comment

"I can accept failure, but I can't accept not trying." ~Michael Jordan